Saturday, December 1, 2007

indie bands are the best bands

That's how I feel about indie bands. Not indie rock bands. Independent bands. I just got a package from my friend Chuck at Beartrap PR with the finest CD's of independent bands you may want to hear. And now, I am not referring to Pitchfork-style bands. I am just referring to such bands as Attica! Attica! and One Small Step for Landmines. Their new albums are simply awesome.

Attica! Attica! play some kind of folk rock music filled with punk. They are the new band of Aaron, ex singer of De La Hoya and Marathon (I personally never heard De La Hoya but Marathon had some amazing melodic punk anthems). The new album might sound like early Against Me!, but better. I heard part of the CD last night while doing some work on my computer and as I listened to their songs, I just wanted to scream along, since I knew all the words by heart after only one listen. Really simple, straight and powerful acoustic yet angry punk stuff. I love this album.

One Small Step for Landmines is more of a pop/rock/punk band from Florida, with very catchy melodies and super harmonies made for long drivings. I heard this music while coming home on my scooter and I had the best of times. They have slow parts, louder parts, whispered words and anthemic choruses. Everything I love in perfect doses.

Please do yourself a favour and check both bands out.

No comments: